Pleasantville, New York - USA
2019 ITTF Parkinson's World Table Tennis Championships
11 October to 13 October 2019
- First ever celebrated Parkinson’s World Table Tennis Championships in Pleasantville, NY (USA).
- World tournament for players with Parkinson's Disease, where family members and the public in general are proactively invited to assist.
- To raise awareness of for the positive health benefits of playing table tennis for people with Parkinson’s.
- To provide networking opportunities for the persons diagnosed with it and their families to exchange ideas and experiences.
Players with Parkinson's Disease no matter their level of play / Family members / Public in general
Target 3.4 By 2030, reduce by one third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention and treatment and promote mental health and well-being.
- 62 different persons from 12 different countries world-wide participated in the ITTF Parkinson's World Table Tennis Championships.
- The pilot project was successful and will be repeated in the future.
- The awareness for Parkinson's disease and for the benefits of table tennis for those who have this disease is raised.
- Find the results book here