Call for Expression of Interest to Host the 2025 World Table Tennis for Health Festival
Following the resounding success of the inaugural World Table Tennis for Health Festival (WTT4HF) in Crete, Greece, from November 1-5, 2023, the festival will be held again later this year. While the information of the 2024 WTT4H is to be declared soon, the ITTF Foundation is delighted to announce the official call for Expression of Interest (EOI) from organisations interested in hosting the 2025 World Table Tennis for Health Festival.
As a sport that transcends age, skill level, gender identity, culture, and physical ability, table tennis has been utilised, with its myriad health-related benefits, to promote physical, mental, and social well-being. The Table Tennis for Health programme of the ITTF Foundation, aligned with the health-related UN Sustainable Development Goals, aims to enhance the day-to-day quality of life, especially for those combating neurodegenerative diseases.
The inaugural WTT4HF in Crete has showcased the unifying power of table tennis, bringing individuals with similar health suffering but of diverse ages, skills, and cultural backgrounds together, fostering competition, experiences sharing, knowledge exchange, and lasting friendships. In 2025, the third edition of WTT4HF will build upon this success, featuring the World Parkinson's Table Tennis Championships, the World Alzheimer's Table Tennis Championships, and the World Table Tennis for Health Congress.
World Parkinson's Table Tennis Championships
Since its inception in 2019, the World Parkinson's Table Tennis Championships has gained international recognition and was seamlessly integrated into WTT4HF in 2023. This annual event not only raises awareness about Parkinson's disease but also highlights the positive impact of table tennis on social, mental, and physical health. In 2025, the World Parkinson's TT Championships will be celebrating its 5th anniversary!
World Alzheimer's Table Tennis Championships
The World Alzheimer's Table Tennis Championships, launched in 2023, has demonstrated the positive effects of table tennis on brain health. This pilot project emphasizes the social, mental, and physical impact of table tennis in preventing dementia and providing caregivers with supervised activities during the championships.
World Table Tennis for Health Congress
The World Table Tennis for Health Congress is a groundbreaking initiative that aims to bring together key stakeholders and organisations from the health and sport sectors. This event explores the potential contribution of table tennis to positive physical, mental, and social health outcomes while fostering collaborations for the global advancement of health and well-being.
Organisations interested in hosting the 2025 World Table Tennis for Health Festival are encouraged to submit their Expression of Interest online by clicking here. The deadline for submissions, along with payment information, is 11:59 pm (GMT +01:00) on February 29, 2024.
Key details for the EOI process include:
- Any legally established organisation, governmental, non-governmental, or private, can submit an EOI.
- Information required includes applying organisation details, contact person information, and transaction information of the EOI fee of EUR 250.
- The EOI fee will be contributed to Dream Building projects focusing on neurodegenerative diseases or scholarships for the WTT4HF.
- The deadline for submitting the EOI and payment information is 11:59 pm (GMT +01:00) on February 29, 2024.
- It's important to note that submitting the form does not commit the organisation to host the event.
- At this stage, only the EOI is required. After review, we will contact the interested organisations with details regarding the bidding process. You can find out more information and the steps for the host to be selected over here.